SENIOR HOME CARE SERVING ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES
24/7 LIVE IN CARE, HOURLY CARE AND TEMPORARY CARE
Temporary Senior Care in the East Bay
Serving Seniors in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Temporary Senior Care
When is Temporary Care Appropriate?
No matter what your situation is, there are times in everybody’s lives when a helping hand is welcome. Our caregivers can ease your burden by taking care of personal needs such as assistance with bathing and hygiene as well as tasks like grocery shopping, transportation, and other errands.
- Following surgery
- Recovering from an illness
- Partner is ill
- Primary caregiver is on vacation
- Primary caregiver needs a break
- Home situations beyond your control
Following Hospital Stay
Compared to years past, hospital stays have been reduced to the bare minimum. When patients are discharged, they are usually just beginning their recovery and may require assistance in following the recovery plan. After surgeries such as hip or knee replacement, patients often need help with mobility – especially if they live in a multi-story house.
And that’s just the start. Everyday chores that require driving such as grocery shopping or getting to follow-up doctor appointments can become difficult.
Caregivers are an excellent temporary resource to provide assistance in these situations.
- Insure that clients follow the medication schedule as prescribed by their doctor
- Transportation to all follow-up appointments
- Grocery shopping and meal preparation with a focus on providing an appropriate diet
- Participation with physical therapy
- Provide encouragement and support during the recovery process
Respite Care: When The Primary Caregiver Needs a Break
In many situations, the primary caregiver is a family member. In fact, according to the National Center on Caregiving, “About 34.2 million Americans have provided unpaid care to an adult age 50 or older in the last 12 months. [National Alliance for Caregiving and AARP. (2015). Caregiving in the U.S.]”
While caring for a loved one is often rewarding and fulfilling, there are times when the caregiver needs a break. At Aging in Place Home Care, our professionally trained caregivers are available on a short-term basis to provide this assistance.
“We’ve found that many people don’t realize that professional caregivers are available to assist even on a temporary basis. This is a great resource to fill in the gaps when necessary.”
Part time home care can be an excellent supplement to help people who reside at an assisted care facility. Our one to one ratio caregivers provide a level of service that’s impossible for assisted living facilities to match.
Matching the Caregiver to the Client
At Aging in Place Home Care, we’ve learned that choosing the right caregiver makes a world of difference. During our intake process, we take the time to learn everything we can about our new client. For instance, we’ll ask questions such as:
- Do you usually enjoy playing cards, board games or watching movies together?
- Do you like to take frequent outings for a change of scenery?
- What types of meals do you enjoy? What food allergies and sensitivities do they have?
- What kind of music do you enjoy?
- Do you like walking and the outdoors?
- Are you interested in political discussions?
Explore your Care Options